3.29.2006

Hustle, Bustle and Flow...

The three days off this past weekend was nice, but since Monday, I've been hard at work. We're wrapping up a big Intranet project at work this week (it launches to the company next Tuesday,) and I couldn't be more excited. While we will be wrapped up in supporting the new Intranet for the weeks and months to come, the thick of it will be over, and I see it as a huge relief. It's pretty much all I have been doing at work since the beginning of January.

I get that way with projects sometimes... when doing design work, it's nice to "take a breather" every now and again, just to refresh the creative flow. I like variety - it keeps it interesting. It is both a blessing and a curse... and this is exhibited in my customizing work as of late.

I haven't touched the dremel in months. I did some painting a few weeks ago, but I have many, many unfinished projects collecting dust on my workbench. It just seems lately, when I'm home, I've been spending my "downtime" on other things... and not spending as much time down in the basement where "the lab" is. I have felt a pang lately to get back down there... but lately when I go down there, I have been mostly cleaning and re-arranging.

I have new ideas... and like I said, many unfinished ones. I just haven't had a drive to do much with them. I keep waiting for that spark again... but it hasn't been firing. I think it's a phase... I am apt to be like this. I have been so encapsulated in web world with my job, and then this Mac thing has intrigued me, that my head has been in "tech world," not toys. I haven't bought a toy in over a month either (which is something I've been working to cut back on as well.)

So I'm sure the customizing will be back soon enough... in the meantime, I have been working on the Design Lab website. Just about the time I get near done with it, inevitably, I'll get bored with it and go back to the customizing thing. I call it my "creative ADD." I don't get it much at work though, because I have people to answer to in regards to my work. Since I don't get paid to play around at home, I'm much more lax.

I think I'm gonna go play some video games now...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say...

I'm so glad work's going well for you! Miss you 'round the office, of course, but you went on to bigger and better things. As a person well should! :)

3/31/2006 02:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home