2.11.2006

All I see are shadows and shapes...

My wife and I drove down to Kalamazoo Thursday night to see another one of our favorite stand-up comedians, Brian Regan. I bought the tickets back in December when the day they went on sale, so we ended up with pretty decent seats, dead center.

Brian is definitely a comedian where there is a huge benefit from sitting closer (although the State Theater in Kzoo is a smaller venue, and pretty much every seat offers a decent view.) He's very animated, and makes us laugh even when he's not saying anything... a talent that few people have. He's been around for quite some time, and I'm actually surprised that he's not a much bigger name. Those who have seen him before, either on one of his many late night appearances or his Comedy Central special, rarely forget him though... and he has a very large following. I saw him back about this time last year in Ann Arbor, and like then, I laughed so hard my face hurt by the end.

If you have not heard his stuff, buy his CD Brian Regan Live - today. It's been out for a while, but it's a classic. He's got a newer DVD of a performance as well that is fantastic, I Walked on the Moon. Hopefully, a new CD is in the works soon. You can visit his website by clicking on the little picture of him I posted here too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home