4.20.2006

Heave ho!

It's usually a good morning when you awake, and realize that death isn't a more appealing alternative.

Let me explain (before you start sending me pamplets and websites and phone numbers.) I finally got over a pretty nasty run-in with a stomach virus of an epic proportion.

As a wonderful souvenier of our weekend trip back to my parents' house this past Easter weekend, I picked up the remnants of a virus both my folks recently had. My mom informed us when we arrived Saturday that she wasn't going to hug us, etc., because she had just gotten over a 2-day flu bug. That was Wednesday-Thursday, so she figured she was fine, but "just to be safe." What they both failed to mention was that my dad had the same bug on Friday... but his was only 24 hours (I found this out yesterday.)

On Monday night, at around 11PM, I knew something was amiss. Less than an hour later, I was laying on our living room floor by the television, hugging a pillow. An hour later, I was in the fetal position in my bed, my wife asleep on the couch.

Every two hours, like clockwork, until about 11AM Tuesday, I threw up.

First off, I hate puking. Even more than that, I hate the dry heaves. I drank as much water as I could between small bursts of sleep, partially for hydration, but mostly to prevent those damn dry heaves...

Tuesday was a wash... I spent all day and most of the night laying in bed (I did, however, drag myself out of bed to watch American Idol... and I'm not proud of that, but I got strangely hooked on that show for the first time ever.)

I woke up Wednesday sore from laying in bed, my chest sore from the previous night's cataclysmic events, dizzy and weak. I decalred it another wash... there was no way I was going to be able to go through a day of work, let alone operate a motor vehicle to get there. I proceeded to sleep some more.

Later in the day, and into the evening yesterday, I felt myself getting better. Realizing all I had consumed the previous 40-some hours ahead was water, and a cup of chicken broth earlier in the day, I finally had an apetite. I had a salad.

The flu sucks... but I feel tons better now.

...on the positive side, I lost three and a half more pounds in just two days (not my preferred method, but it knocked a notch out of my goal of my diet - I'm down seventeen pounds now!)

...and Ace finally got voted out (I'm just surprised he didn't cry like the little bitch that he is.)

...oh, save it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say...

Oh, egads! That does not sound like a good time. Glad you're feeling better! And thanks for sharing all of those glorious details. :)

4/23/2006 09:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home