11.15.2005

I'm the new guy!

The new job is finally getting into swing... I finished up with my orientation this afternoon, and got a chance to sit at my computer today. I guess when they hired me, they were already at maximum seating capacity, so my area is a converted station, previously used for scanning documents, etc. It's not a cubicle per se, and my desk area actually sits higher than the other cubes, so I have this "I can see all of you" kind of seating arrangement. It feels more like "Hey- there's the new guy on display!"

Our whole department is undergoing a cubicle rearrangement in a few weeks, where I will be provided my own normal cube. And an Aeron chair... sweet.

I saw a T-shirt once that said "You can have my Aeron when you pry it from my cold, dead ass." True, true words...

I'm liking things so far, even though I haven't really done any actual work yet... but I have been given an overview of what's in store for me, and it sounds pretty cool.

Did I mention I'm gonna get an Aeron chair?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say...

Ya know, I had an Aeron chair once upon a time. I was SO excited when we found out about them. Yet, my excitement slowly faded. They aren't always super comfy. Something about the frame under my knees. Felt like it was cutting off my circulation. But that mesh stuff is nice. Maybe it just depends on how you have the chair adjusted. So make sure you read the instructions! (Sad that you have to have instructions to figure out how to use a chair, isn't it?)

Hope you're enjoying the first week at your new gig! I'm still trying to get the smoke out of my hair from last Friday. :)

11/17/2005 08:45:00 AM  
Blogger Rooster had this to say...

Dude, you aren't on display... you da man! I've still got my jacket hanging on the porch, trying to get the smoke removed. That party started quiet but sure got jumpin later.

Glad you're excited about your new gig. Keep us informed.

11/17/2005 08:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home