11.10.2005

Secret ingredients...

Due to rising oil prices, Kraft has announced that they will be raising the price of Oreos by 4%. This worries me... and not just because I like Oreos (which I do... because they're yummy.)

Is oil a secret ingredient?? Is that why they're really dark brown and stain your teeth? More importantly - should I be crushing these things up and shoving them in my gas tank??

Come to think of it, that would be pretty cool... a car that ran on cookies. Plus, the environment would be less polluted, as gas fumes would be replaced with the smell of freshly baked treats. Personally, I know that's a smell I'd rather inhale over normal exhaust any day (except for Mondays, where I don't really care much about anything.)

Also, I saw that Jones Soda has released its 2005 Holiday Pack... a limited holiday novelty assortment, containing unique blends of soda. On the menu this year are Turkey & Gravy, Wild Herb Stuffing, Brussel Sprout, Cranberry and Pumpkin Pie. I can't help but wonder how exactly they are concocting such flavors as gravy covered bird in a soda form... unless they have some sort of magical contraption they purchased from Willy Wonka? If that's the case, I would have expected at least one of the bottles to be Snozzberry.

I saw this assortment pack at Target today for $10... I was tempted to give them a try, but I figured if I was going to throw away ten bucks, I could come up with something a little more entertaining that wouldn't cause me to throw up halfway through. Like a Michael Moore DVD. No wait, scratch that...


To spare my own taste buds, but to satisfy my curiosity, I happened across a taste test of the Jones Soda Holiday Pack. Very entertaining, and much as I suspected. I think my favorite response was from one of the testers who said this of the Brussel Sprouts flavored soda: "The name says it all. If you add the words "mixed with shit.""

I'll take their word for it. I'm off now... I need to go start on a design for my "Keebler Kamaro."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home