10.21.2005

Get your motor runnin'...

ROAD TRIP!

In less than 9 hours, my buddy Captain Ron and I will be embarking on a 703.14 mile journey, encompassing 4 states (including Michigan)... destination: New Jersey. Why you ask? We're geeks.

Plus, it gives my wife a weekend free of having to put up with me.

The journey, which will take place in a fine rented automobile, should take us about 11 hours (according to MapQuest), but will likely take longer due to the fact that we are both toy collectors (and customizers). I figure there are a LOT of Wal-Marts between here and New Jersey... especially in Ohio. Call it a hunch.

I'm considering paying the extra $5 for the insurance on the rental car... I've always wanted to see what would happen if you just throw a car into reverse while trucking down the highway. I hear the whole transmission just falls right out. We're already shelling out the big bucks though... we upgraded to the hot-rod class 4-banger, so maybe we'd better just cut out the other "frills." We were going to go economy, but then we figured two guys, both of whom are about six feet tall, spending a half a day driving in a Geo Metro might not be the most confortable thing in the world. It's already bad enough that our primary diet for three days will be fast food... so cabin space is a valued commodity, as is a functional ventilation system.

I should probably go pack... or sleep...

It doesn't take that long to throw a bunch of shirts and a stick of deodorant in a duffel bag. Yeah, I'll pack in the morning...

See ya Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home