11.03.2005

Just a little bit special...

With all the flooding and cleaning and such, I was distracted from what I had initially intended to post about last Sunday... and that would be the absolutely hilarious and entertaining show my wife and I went to Saturday night.

Granted, it was in Ann Arbor... and I think I've expressed my opinions of that city here in the past... but it was for a good cause - to see one of our favorite comedians (or singing comedian if you prefer) - Stephen Lynch.

It was my wife's second time seeing him, the first being earlier this year, when he toured with the late, and great, Mitch Hedberg. It was my first seeing him live, although I've seen his Comedy Central special, and two of his CDs are live performances (plus he has a DVD of a live show)... but they just don't compare. It was absolutely hysterical... and oh, so very, very wrong.

Listening to Lynch's music is a guilty pleasure... you laugh your ass off, and feel ashamed for laughing at the same time. Some of the topics of his songs include: "special" people, having one testicle, taxi drivers, gerbils in orifices, nazi girlfriends, Jesus's brother - Craig Christ, Satan (who is gay), a French homeless guy, killing kittens and Dungeons & Dragons. His lyrics are ironic, satiric, and extremely well written... and he has one hell of a singing voice. He's even going to be on Broadway soon... playing the lead character in the musical based off the movie The Wedding Singer (he plays the lead role of Robbie Hart... Adam Sandler's character in the movie). And he's from Michigan... so check him out and support your homies - if you have an open mind and are not easily offended. You'll be glad that you did...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home