10.05.2005

Betty when you call me, you can Kal me El...

Another celebrity has done it again... obviously without regard to the poor child who has to LIVE with the name...

Nicolas Cage and his 21-year-old wife have named their newborn son Kal-El Coppola Cage. Yes. Kal-El. For those of you who don't know, that is Superman's birth name. Seriously. If you're a fan, couldn't you just use Clark Kent or something? But then again, if you're going to do it, do it full throttle... name the kid Superman. Or Hulk. Hulk is much better.

We know you're famous. We know there are millions of people who care WAY too much about your lives. But for the love of god, think of the poor children. Granted, they will not be going to public schools where they would be relentlessly taunted and teased... but even boarding schools have bullies. Hell, even a private tutor is bound to have a chuckle or two at the child's expense.

It's not eccentric... it's stupidity.

I know it's nothing new... Frank Zappa did it a long time ago... but that was a different time, and I'm sure hallucinogenics were involved. Today, it's "trendy."

Penn Gilette, of Penn & Teller fame, proved to America that he has little common sense and obviously hates his newborn daughter, when he and his wife named her Moxie Crimefighter Gilette.

Then there's Jason Lee, star of My Name is Earl, who has a son named
Pilot Inspektor.

Or Bono, who named his son
Elijah Bob Patricus Guggi Q. As if there weren't enough reasons to already hate him.

Then there's
Makena'lei (Helen Hunt), Phinneaus Walter (Julia Roberts), Coco (Courtney Cox-Arquette)... but let's not leave out director Robert Rodriguez... who has assembled his own superhero team - Rebel, Rocket, Racer and Rogue. Their power? The superhuman ability to withstand a lifetime of wedgies, I hope.

...oh, please don't let me forget Jermaine Jackson, who named his son
Jermajesty. How bad did Joe Jackson beat those kids, anyhow? Is there ONE normal member of that family?

I guess when you look at the bigger picture, "Apple" doesn't even seem that bad of a name anymore... and that in itself is just plain sad
.

...but it does set the foundation for the name I have picked out for when my wife and I have our first child together... Zartan Maximillian Robocop Terminator. Now if only I could come up with a boy's name...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home