10.04.2005

All for the addiction of the bean...

Gah! Just went to set the coffee maker for the AM, and discovered we were out of coffee. That's a major issue... so I had to do a midnight Meijer run.

Now... it's late, the wife is in bed already, and I don't want to make this a major event... so I had to do this quick. Normally, I make the drive to one of the other 15 Meijer stores I can reach in a reasonable distance from here... but I had a crisis, and there's a Meijer just down the street, less than five minutes away... the dreaded "Ghetto Meijer."

Let me just say this - I'm not scared to go there by any means... I just choose not to normally, as it is the most bass-ackwards Meijer I have ever been to. Want frozen items? No problem, they're right along the wall in the friggin' shoe section. Seriously... it's that messed up.

And - lucky me - it was stock night! I kid you not, it looked like a bomb had gone off inside and the looters had just left... I had to literally climb over two palette jacks and jump-hurdle a stack of boxes to get to the coffee... and of course, they didn't have my beloved Breakfast Blend, so I had to settle for a secondhand replacement.

But naturally, I did check the toy section, and found some cool old Hot Wheels... so I got that going for me, which is nice.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home