9.29.2005

On the banks of the Red Cedar...

So the big football game is in two days... My alma mater, MSU vs. UofM. Amazingly, this is the first year in a very long time that MSU is actually the favorite... even on Vegas odds. I normally don't watch sports... ever... except for this game. This is the only event worth watching to me. However, it seems that every time in the last few years that I have been around and able to watch it, as soon as I start watching it, MSU starts playing worse and/or loses.

So my wife has banned me from being able to watch it this year. It sucks, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make... I will spare them my apparent bad omens, and not vex them with my attention. I will instead sit around in my pajamas all day, playing PS2 and working on customs, while my wife and my stepson go to Red Flannel Days in Cedar Springs with her friend.

For those of you unfamiliar with Red Flannel Days... it's an event, in a more "rural" area of West Michigan (but by no means the most rural) where everyone gets together and, along with other fair-like events, wears red clothing (apparently flannel is not required). If you are not wearing red, "police" in the event can "arrest" you and put you in "jail." I know you're probably asking yourself, "Wow! How can you NOT attend something that fun?"

While I will admit, going WOULD be fun - it would be for reasons other than the festival... I would enjoy a fantastic day of making fun of the locals and keeping a mental count of the number of mullets, missing teeth and pregnant teenagers (some of whom may also have mullets and missing teeth... bonus points!!!)

So they will go and have their day, and I will have mine. At night, I will tune into the local news station to revel in the fantastic Spartan victory.



Q: What do you call two good looking women walking through the U of M Campus?
A: Spartans.

Q: Whats the difference between Ann Arbor and a Porcupine?
A: Theres 100,000 pricks on the
inside of Ann Arbor.

Q: What do Michigan football and marijuana have in common?
A: They both get smoked in bowls!

Q: How do you keep a Michigan basketball player from playing with himself?
A: Paint his unit Green and White, that way there's only a 1 out of 13 chance that he'll beat it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home